DIY ways to repair your TPE love doll
- 05 Aug, 2020
Owning a TPE love doll is super fun. These dolls are lifelike and have soft, supple skin. But every valued object requires attention and management. So, does a real doll.
TPE doll material, the thermoplastic elastomer is porous and is prone to damage. Yes, you can always send your doll to the manufacturers for a quick repair.
For minor damages, however, like cuts and abrasions, these TPE dolls do not require professional help. Anybody can repair their love doll at home with DIY techniques.
In this article, we are going to share with you such DIY repairing methods to save yourself from the extra expenditure. These DIYs are from real-time customers and have a high success rate.
Before we start with the methods, you might want to get yourself an infrared gun to get on-point temperature feed. Go for any infrared gun with the usual 1.5 Kilowatts; you can find one in Amazon.
Let us begin…
As already mentioned, TPE material is porous, it can easily get indentation marks due to the impact of weight. If you press the doll with heavy items or place her incorrectly, these can damage the posture, and lead to cuts and abrasions.
How to fix dents on a TPE love doll?
Dents are certain depressions on the skin of the love doll. This can be corrected –
The Hot Towel Method:
Soak a clean, colorless towel in hot water. Wrap the visible dent on the love doll's body and let it sit for some time. Wear a clean glove. Unwrap the towel and pat the dented area with the gloved hand. Repeat the process until the dent completely disappears.
The Hair-Dryer Method:
Hairdryers are versatile. While it can manage your beautiful locks, it can also come handy for a TPE love doll.
Get a hairdryer and once again a clean, colorless towel. Cover the indented area of the love doll with the towel and then heat the area with the dryer. Continue the process and you will notice the dent gradually vanishing.
(Make sure you do not apply heat above 200 degree Celsius, TPE love dolls can withstand up to that)
How to fix tears and abrasions in a TPE love doll?
Using a love doll rashly can cause tears in the neck or legs or arms. Such case scenarios can be repaired as well –
Applying TPE glue to love doll tears:
Torn portions of a TPE love doll can be repaired with this fine-tipped tool – TPE glue. One must bring the two sides of the gash to a close and apply the glue. Holding the glued patch for a few minutes keeps the joining intact.
- Clean the torn region of the lifelike love doll to get rid of any accumulated dirt or oil. You can wipe the area with 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- Keep the hand gloved properly.
- Use a spatula or alike to evenly apply repair coating solvent. Avoid taking excess product and cap the glue bottle properly to avoid evaporation of the solvent.
- Bind the torn tissue properly and hold it for a few minutes.
- If the excess of the glue oozes out of the tear, wipe it off with a clean white cloth.
- Once complete, place the doll in a proper resting position to avoid applying tension to the joined area.
For a TPE glue to work effectively, consider cleaning the damaged area with mild cleaning agents like soap, cleanser, or nail polish remover.
When cleaning a love doll with water, pat her completely dry to avoid water stains.
For a guided help on caring for a love doll, read: How to take care of your Love Doll
Also, learn to position your love doll properly. Posture is vital to avoid more damage to the repaired area.
Heat Gun to fix Abrasions on a love doll
Typical heat guns are 1.5 Kilowatt and you can purchase one online. Along with applying heat, there is a temperature sensor to monitor the heat applied.
- Clean the surface of the lifelike love doll using baby oil or Vaseline. Applying either of the two has benefits – it will clean the surface and keep it sterile; and will make sure that heat from the gun is distributed evenly.
(If you do not want to end up with a burned TPE love doll, do not skip this step)
- Once the above step is complete proceed to the heating. When applying heat from the gun, make sure it is four inches away from the surface. Focusing heat too closely on a TPE love doll can result in a burnt disaster.
(If you are skeptical with this process, try practicing on a test TPE material, like LEGOS or TPE water bottles)
- Heat the area to the desired temperature, preferably around 110 degrees Celsius. You will notice the surface glazing due to heat. Stop immediately when fumes are visible.
- With a clean piece of white cloth feather out the irregularities caused by abrasion. After each heating, you will get about 30 seconds to smoothen out the surface. Repeat the process for a cleaner surface look. With the heat and cool process, your lifelike love doll will be as new.
When you do the heat and cool process for fixing the abrasions, you might notice the baby oil or the Vaseline drying up. Reapply the oil before every heat iteration to keep the surface moist and get the best finish.
To complete this process you might go through several repetitions which is normal and nothing to be panicked about. For a finishing touch, sprinkle a bit of baby powder on the area. This will blend in with the TPE material and make the repair invisible.
Wear a mask to avoid breathing in fumes and perform the entire task in an open space.
Use the infrared gun to make sure you do not overheat the material.
How to repair facial cuts of a TPE love doll?
To repair unwanted facial cuts, the process is the same as fixing the abrasions. Only you would require more practice. With a steady hand and proper tools, small facial cuts can be fixed in a jiffy.
However, if you still do not want to take the risk of ‘doing it yourself’, feel free to get in touch with us. TPE love dolls are our specialty and we can get yours fixed in no time.